Friday, January 27, 2006

tv, my old enemy



In my old life, the tube was not a friend.


But today, on Tobias' second lunch break, we happened upon the International Film Channel and one of my favorite films. Central do Brasil is a great movie I had seen about 10 years ago in Tokyo. When I saw it then, it was in Portuguese with Japanese subtitles. At the time, I was doing well with spoken Portuguese and so-so with reading Kanji fast enough to get the plot. I loved it then, but today with English subs I loved it even more. I haven't spoken anything but English for so long, I think I could actually feel my brain reconfiguring. Felt good.

Now, with the whole breastfeeding thing, it seems tv is appropriately called the boob tube. I feel like part of the rest of the world, connected albeit artificially through the live feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?