Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Gobsmacked

This evening at 6:18 pm Pacific, I experienced one of the best moments of my life. And I know it- how many are so lucky?

It was Toby, naturally. He was waking from a nap and I started singing his name from the bottom of the stairs, so by the time I made it to his door he was ready for our most recent game. He flings himself back down and pulls his blanket back over his tousled head. I drop down and crawl toward him, wondering aloud where Toby went.

He is a laugh prodigy, captivating. He kicks his feet, doing this move that looks like that break-dancing snake on the floor maneuver while the laughing cascades out. When he finally quiets down, flips over and reaches past the crib railing for me, I get a bouncing boy hug. If he's really happy he pats my back or leans into me and puts his hands behind his own back.

Seeing this for what it is... I'm grateful.

I'm not the only one in love- here he is with his girl Natalie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?