Friday, January 06, 2006

Importance Part II

The midwife today said, "perfect weight gain, perfect tests, perfect preggo!"

I only got a little lip gloss on her shoe when I bowed down & kissed it.

But then she also said I should "savor these last minutes with the baby tucked in safe and snug". And I should focus all my extra-nesty attention on minutes alone with J. She told me she's been married 33 years, and her kids have just finished growing up and she's officially alone with her husband for the first time in the past 30. "It's WONNNderful."

It's easy to appreciate the other person in a marriage well without distractions. The challenge is gonna come with the non-alone, stressed, unselfish multitudinous decision-making years ahead. Years filled with travel cribs, car seat bases, sickly powdery-smelling bums, bad parenting, good parenting, and all stops in between.

The blessings are overwhelming; the more potential, the greater the guarantee of falling short. I mean I guess I can't be wronger than wrong, but it's just so easy to forget what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?