Friday, March 04, 2005

Ready, set... May 29th.

Hey ho's, let's go!

The Mad City Marathon is on its way. I did the 10k two years ago with my hot boyfriend, then the next May we were gettin' hitched and traveling to Iceland and stuff like that. This year seems like the perfect time for a half marathon. It'll help me get ready for the 'real' triathlon I want to do.

This fall we did the Devil's Challenge Triathlon, which is a short distance "sprint" tri. It was way more fun than I expected it to be. To be honest, I sort of signed up just hoping the training would help me stay on track with my weight and keep me at the gym out of good old fear. But something about the race- especially the bike leg- really brought out part of me that enjoyed the sensation of grinding away in the sun over the hills.

Soooo, for this May race Mandy turned me on to Hal Higdon's training program. It looks good- I'm on all of day 3.

Wish Mom was here to go to the gym with me! Dad, too, although he's too fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?