Thursday, February 16, 2006

Baby Jumping



Did I tell you that the day my in-laws met me, they paid for and encouraged J and I to try bungee jumping at Six Flags? (They swear up and down they meant nothing by it.)

Flying through the air with my man, I had no idea the ride we'd be on now. We have just completed four weeks of parenthood, and I would say the two experiences have some things in common.

First of all, we were pretty clueless going into it, and the fear & uncertainty of what it might be like is worse than the reality. I was pretty petrified about these first weeks with an infant, and in truth it hasn't been so bad. I don't know what I'm doing, but the kid is still here and mostly happy anyway. I did try to freeze off his extremities today despite bundling him (see photo!) on a 4-mile walk, but he forgave me.

Both things require a bunch of equipment and take a lot of prep time even for quick rides. Each has led me to be a little bit hysterical. After the jump I was laughing and giddy- after a long fussy night with Toby I managed to hit my own self in the face while laying in bed just as he began making I'm-waking-up noises yet again prompting a short bout of hysterical crying I couldn't have stopped for anything. Nothing like a bit of insanity to remind yourself you're alive.

Both events were also firsts for the sexiest man ever invented. Hey, internet- wish him well this next week, as he's got some big stuff coming up and is diligently preparing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?