Thursday, February 09, 2006

What I've Been Up To...

* Every 1.5 to 4.5 hours I am a fount, not of every blessing but of every calorie for our blonde mini growth machine. Mostly, I like looking at his hair and eyes while tickling the soles of his perfect feet and having him hold my fingers. The best is when he dozes off clutching the neck of my shirt.

** Today we rented a place in John's Landing! It's lovely- three bedrooms plus a bonus room, a 2-car garage, dining and living room with gas fireplace. It has gorgeous views of Mt. Hood and the Willamette and is in a cute neighborhood of old craftsman & funky Portland homes. It's on a steep hill full of winding roads walking distance from LOTS of stuff, and (this is the best thing by far) only 4 miles from J's office. I want those two hours back- the commute is sucking big angry sucks right now.

*** Tonight what we did was go to the store. This is an extraordinary accomplishment, with a kid in the carseat and drawing nigh of his fussy time, and me having already made one whole outing today to look at the house. The kid was great and I was... dangerous. See, we put the carseat in the cart, and then I was pushing the cart down the aisles, with the carseat partially obscuring my view. You can see where this is going, no? Right into a huge display of taco spices, a thousand packets and a hundred jars of garlic powder flung across the meat department with an enormously satisfying "thwock" sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?