Wednesday, July 26, 2006

But wait! There's more.

So he's having a touch of amnesia in regard to sleeping during the day- what we lesser beings commonly refer to as "napping".

He does this only when he can't stand it one second longer and he's in the carseat or somebody's arms, and when we have filled out the paperwork (notorized) in triplicate promising to fill him in on anything he might miss while asleep.

Today I decided I would have to help him remember this skill. So we discussed it for about an hour. Finally, I went down to the basement to load up some laundry. This wasn't rude on my part, as I could still clearly make out each and every discussion points he was making two stories up. Suddenly, there came a lull.

So what did I, proven genius parent extraordinaire, do?

I naturally assumed something grave had befallen his innocent yet very loud head, dropped the clothes and ran flailing up both sets of stairs nearly killing the dog, burst noisily into the room and demanded, "Toby?!"

He had (I know, you already know) fallen asleep. Now I have to wake him up to meet the realtor.

Shhhh, don't tell, but I think he's winning.

PS. The coaster corner came out of the ordeal relatively unscathed. All systems are go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?