Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finally

I talked to Rachael today, who would be like my evil twin except are you sure she's the evil one, because between us maybe we actually need, like, what are sets of four babies called, quartets? Anyway, we're made for each other, that squeeky little violin playing hobag and I, and I missed talking to her and was thinking up nasty things to send to her house so she would call me. And then about a 30 minutes after thinking that, she did.

I didn't answer right away- I have this mental problem with answering the phone sometimes even if I'm bored and lonely. But toDAY, finally, we chatted about stuff and she doesn't know it yet but she totally inspired me to get out the door and go for a run.

Except I walked because that jogging stroller is still missing its propeller and it's eleventy thousand degrees in the shade.

The thing with Rachael is that she is a very obsessive person, too. And I can always count on her to have some great thing going, like a Very Restricted Health Food Kick or a Very Demanding Workout Streak or Ticking Off Socially Conservative Legalist Churchfolk Jag or even sometimes Practicing.

So I hung up the phone, ran right upstairs and took a 30 minute nap while Toby fought sleep with all he's got. We both gave up and I could not think of a single reason why I shouldn't get outside and excercise. Believe me, I tried.

It felt so incredibly great, it would be so nice to do that more often. I'll have to consult my rigorous schedule, and see if Rachael might move in with a cattle prod or perhaps a .22 rifle.

Dance, you nancypants violist! she'd screech, Dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, don't you?